May I have a chicken shortcut in the gateway page?

Yung-Chih Lai

Dec 5, 2016, 4:40:58 PM12/5/16
to UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi,

In the UCSC Genome Browser gateway page, there are 6 shortcuts to popular browsers (i.e. human, mouse, rat, fruit fly, worm, and yeast). May I have a chicken shortcut, and how to do it? Many thanks.

Best,

Gary

Christopher Lee

Dec 6, 2016, 2:11:15 PM12/6/16
to Yung-Chih Lai, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
 Hi Gary,

Thank you for your question about adding a shortcut to the chicken browser. We have made a feature request ticket for your request and will let you know when it is released. In the meantime, you can set a bookmark on your web browser to the Gateway page with your organism already pre-selected. For example, you can bookmark the following URL to automatically select the default chicken browser (galGal4): http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway?org=chicken, or the following URL to pre-select the galGal5 browser specifically: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway?db=galGal5.

Thanks again for your suggestion, we will contact you when this feature gets implemented!

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--

---

Yung-Chih Lai

Dec 6, 2016, 3:48:01 PM12/6/16
to Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much. It is really a great idea.

Best,

Gary