support of DMD sequencing

Bernabini Sara

Jun 15, 2016, 10:24:53 AM6/15/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, sup...@interactive-biosoftware.com

Hi,

we are contacting you to have some information that can help us to better understand an issue we have encountered analyzing NGS data of DMD gene (NM_004006.2).

In particular, using UCSC database the position g.31893307 correspond to the first base of the intron 48 (c.7095+1), whereas using the NCBI database the same genomic position correspond to the first base of the last codon of exon 48 (c.7096).

We use the Alamut Software for variant interpretation and initially we asked to the Interactive Biosoftware Staff. You can see their answer below.

Can you please help us to understand this issue?

Thank you very much,

Kind regards,

Sara

Sara Bernabini

SOD Diagnostica Genetica

AOU Careggi

Tel   +39 055 7949036

Fax  +39 055 7949686

Jun 17, 2016, 1:10:37 PM6/17/16
to Bernabini Sara, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, sup...@interactive-biosoftware.com
Hi Sara,

Thank you for your question about the RefSeq Genes track in the UCSC Genome Browser.

We are working to create a track here at UCSC that contains coordinates and alignments directly from RefSeq so that what is displayed in our browser matches what's seen at RefSeq. Unfortunately, though, I do not have an estimate on when this track may be released.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group