Baboon liftOver to hg19

Harris, Ronald Alan

Jul 25, 2014, 4:15:31 PM7/25/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

For the latest baboon assembly (papAnu2) the only liftOver file available is to papHam1. Have you already generated a hg19 liftOver file (papAnu2ToHg19.over.chain) and not put it on the site yet or do you still need to generate the liftOver file? If you still need to generate the liftOver file could you give me a rough time estimate as to when that might happen.

Thanks,

Alan

R. Alan Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX 77030

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jul 29, 2014, 12:49:29 PM7/29/14
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your question. This file has been created and is now available for download here: http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/papAnu2/liftOver/

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Harris, Ronald Alan

Nov 25, 2014, 5:50:31 PM11/25/14
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I do not see the following liftOver files on your site:

rheMac2ToPapAnu2.over.chain.gz
papAnu2ToRheMac2.over.chain.gz

Have you already generated the files and not put them on the site or do you still need to generate the liftOver files? If you still need to generate the liftOver files could you give me a rough time estimate as to when that might happen.

Jonathan Casper

Nov 26, 2014, 2:32:12 PM11/26/14
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your question about liftOver files between the rheMac2 and papAnu2 genome assemblies. We do not have these files prepared, but one of our engineers has offered to create them in the next couple of weeks. I will send you a follow-up message as soon as the files are ready.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Jonathan Casper

Dec 15, 2014, 7:10:30 PM12/15/14

The liftOver chains you requested are now available on our test download server at http://hgdownload-test.sdsc.edu/goldenPath/rheMac2/liftOver/ and http://hgdownload-test.sdsc.edu/goldenPath/papAnu2/liftOver/. The alignments underlying those chains are available at http://hgdownload-test.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/rheMac2/vsPapAnu2/ and http://hgdownload-test.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/papAnu2/vsRheMac2/, respectively. These files will be transferred to our main download server in the next few days.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Harris, Ronald Alan

Jan 26, 2016, 1:08:34 PM1/26/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Rogers, Jeffrey
Hi,

An improved rhesus macaque assembly has recently been made public through NCBI:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCF_000772875.2

Does the UCSC group have an interest in setting up a browser for this assembly and if so should I contact someone specific regarding this?

We are particularly interested in liftOver chains between this rhesus assembly and human hg19 and hg38. Is that something your group would be interested in generating?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Alan

R. Alan Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jan 28, 2016, 4:59:22 PM1/28/16
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Rogers, Jeffrey
Hello Alan,

We received a similar question from another user last week; please see our reply here:
https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msg/genome/I6fIGAuIous/mJ4q5vBzEwAJ

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Browser

http://genome.ucsc.edu

Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Browser

http://genome.ucsc.edu

Rogers, Jeffrey

Jan 28, 2016, 6:25:23 PM1/28/16
to Luvina Guruvadoo, Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Luvina,
  There is a newer upgraded assembly – subsequent to MacaM.  This improvement is now on NCBI with the designation of: Mmul_8.0.1.

It would REALLY be appreciated if your group could generate all the relevant resources you can so that the community can move to this new assembly.  As you know, rhesus are the most widely used nonhuman primate in medical research.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeffrey Rogers, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Human Genome Sequencing Center
Dept. of Molecular and Human Genetics
Baylor College of Medicine
One Baylor Plaza
Houston, Texas  77030

Steve Heitner

Feb 1, 2016, 2:49:52 PM2/1/16
to Rogers, Jeffrey, Luvina Guruvadoo, Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Jeff.

As of last week, we have officially added the rheMac8 assembly to the list of assemblies we intend to add to the Browser, though we cannot provide a time estimate of when it might become available.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Harris, Ronald Alan

Jun 10, 2016, 11:54:48 AM6/10/16
to Rogers, Jeffrey, Luvina Guruvadoo, st...@soe.ucsc.edu, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi Steve,

Assemblies for the Old World monkeys listed below are now available. It would be great if UCSC included these in the browser and provided liftOver files among all the various OWM and human. Is this something you would interested in doing and if so do you have any estimate as to how long it would take?

Let me know if you have any questions or if there is any way we can help you with this.

Thanks,

Alan

Pigtail Macaque

Sooty Mangeby

Drill

Colobus

Jun 10, 2016, 3:17:01 PM6/10/16
to Harris, Ronald Alan, Rogers, Jeffrey, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Alan,

The UCSC Genome Browser team is very interested in hosting these new assemblies and generating associated liftOver files, but we are unable to prioritize this work for a near-future completion date. While these assemblies could very well be added
​ in the future​
, a completion time is unknown.

You may already know about these resources:

Generate your own liftOver files to convert annotations
​.​

Assembly Hubs allow researchers to create Track Data Hubs on assemblies that are not in the UCSC Browser.

Public Hub Guidelines
​Guidelines for m​
aking your assembly hub public
​ally accessible​
on the UCSC Genome Browser
​.​

Please respond to this list if you have further questions!

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private data help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-annou...@soe.ucsc.edu

​Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

--

---

Harris, Ronald Alan

Jun 23, 2017, 6:55:11 PM6/23/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Rogers, Jeffrey

Hi,

An improved baboon assembly has recently been made public through NCBI:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCA_000264685.2

Does the UCSC group have plans to set up a browser for this assembly and if so should I contact someone specific regarding this?

We are particularly interested in liftOver chains between the new baboon assembly and papAnu2 as well as hg38. Is that something your group is planning on generating?

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Alan

R. Alan Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Human Genome Sequencing Center

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jul 6, 2017, 1:23:11 PM7/6/17
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Rogers, Jeffrey

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your question about the release of the new baboon assembly. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific release date at this time, and we will post an announcement as soon as the assembly becomes available.

If you would like email updates about the UCSC Genome Browser, you can subscribe to our Announcements List:

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

--

---

Harris, Ronald Alan

Jul 1, 2019, 12:01:03 PM7/1/19
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

An improved rhesus macaque assembly has recently been made public through NCBI:

Does the UCSC group have plans to set up a browser for this assembly and if so should I contact someone specific regarding this?

We are particularly interested in liftOver chains between the new rhesus assembly and hg19/hg38. Is that something your group is planning on generating and if so, when?

Luis Nassar

Jul 9, 2019, 3:55:59 PM7/9/19
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Alan,

Thank you for your interest in the Genome Browser.

We are currently processing this new assembly (rheMac10). I cannot offer an exact timeline for when we would release the assembly to our live site, but the supporting liftOver files should be available earlier. Likely in the next week or two.

Lou Nassar
UCSC Genomics Institute

Training videos & resources: http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html
Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---

Luis Nassar

Jul 12, 2019, 1:06:15 PM7/12/19
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Alan,

The liftOver files can now be found in the our downloads directory.

There are also liftOver files available to/from hg19, hg38, rheMac8, and mm10. You will find those in the respective database liftOver folder.

Lou Nassar
UCSC Genomics Institute

Harris, Ronald Alan

Jun 26, 2020, 5:16:37 PM6/26/20
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

A new cynomologous macaque (crab-eating macaque) long read assembly has recently been made public through NCBI:

Does the UCSC group have plans to set up a browser for this assembly and if so should I contact someone specific regarding this?

We are particularly interested in liftOver chains between the new cynomologous assembly and hg19/hg38. Is that something your group is planning on generating and if so, when?

Matthew Speir

Jun 30, 2020, 6:53:10 PM6/30/20
to Harris, Ronald Alan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello, Alan.

Thank you for letting us know about the release of this new crab-eating macaque assembly at NCBI. We have made a note of it in our internal work queue, although I can't give an estimate of when it will be available on our site.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Training videos & resources: http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html

Want to share the Browser with colleagues? Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

---

Matthew Speir

UCSC Cell Browser, Quality Assurance and Data Wrangler

Human Cell Atlas, User Experience Researcher

UCSC Genome Browser, User Support

Revealing life’s code.

--

---