Please change URL for PhyloCSF track hub

Irwin Jungreis

Sep 8, 2016, 6:12:17 PM9/8/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
The URL for the public track hub "PhyloCSF" has changed.

Old URL:
https://www.broadinstitute.org/compbio1/PhyloCSFtracks/trackHub/hub.txt

New URL:
https://data.broadinstitute.org/compbio1/PhyloCSFtracks/trackHub/hub.txt

The server name changed from www to data.

There is a redirect from the old URL to the new URL, but it is frequently timing out.

Could you please change the URL for this track hub to go directly to data.broadinstitute.org?

Thank you.

Irwin

Chris Villarreal

Sep 13, 2016, 2:09:19 PM9/13/16
to Irwin Jungreis, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Irwin,

Thank you for informing us about the URL change, it is now up to date in the browser.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to geno...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V

UCSC Genome Browser

Irwin

--

---

Irwin Jungreis

Sep 13, 2016, 3:08:10 PM9/13/16
to Chris Villarreal, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Thank you. That URL is now correct, but I see a new problem. When I search for PhyloCSF using Search Public Hubs it does not find the PhyloCSF hub. If I "Show All Hubs" it is included in the list, just not if I search for it.

Luvina Guruvadoo

Sep 14, 2016, 12:56:40 PM9/14/16
to Irwin Jungreis, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Irwin,

Thank you for letting us know. The issue has been resolved; you should be able to search for "PhyloCSF" now.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Browser

http://genome.ucsc.edu

Irwin Jungreis

Sep 14, 2016, 2:24:36 PM9/14/16
to Luvina Guruvadoo, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Thanks. Search now works.

Another thing I just noticed is that if I connect to a public hub, it is not shown under My Hubs. I thought it used to. Am I confused, or has something changed?

Thanks.

Irwin

Matthew Speir

Sep 15, 2016, 12:10:23 PM9/15/16
to Irwin Jungreis, Luvina Guruvadoo, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Irwin,

Hubs that are listed under the "Public Hubs" tab will not be listed under the "My Hubs" tab once they have been connected. Perhaps you are remembering connecting your hub before it was added to our public list? In that case, you would have connected your hub through the "My Hubs" tab and it would then show up as connected on that tab.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group