difficulty to open data which works before

Yang, Jing

Jul 20, 2016, 2:43:13 PM7/20/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

To whom it may concern,

This is Jing, a postdoc from Baylor College of Medicine. I was able to access a ChIP-seq data previously by using the following link:

track type=bigWig name="Premarin_CE.pool" db=hg18 visibility=2 windowingFunction=maximum viewLimits=0:30 autoScale=off bigDataUrl=http://dldcc-web.brc.bcm.edu/lilab/yxi/liushuang/Premarin_CE.pool.norm.bw

track type=bigWig name="Premarin_E2.pool" db=hg18 visibility=2 windowingFunction=maximum viewLimits=0:30 autoScale=off bigDataUrl=http://dldcc-web.brc.bcm.edu/lilab/yxi/liushuang/Premarin_E2.pool.norm.bw

track type=bigWig name="Premarin_Veh.pool" db=hg18 visibility=2 windowingFunction=maximum viewLimits=0:30 autoScale=off bigDataUrl=http://dldcc-web.brc.bcm.edu/lilab/yxi/liushuang/Premarin_Veh.pool.norm.bw

However, I just cannot open the data anymore by doing the same I used to do, and I tried different internet browser, and nothing helps.

Could you help to figure what the problem is?

Appreciate,

Jing

Matthew Speir

Jul 20, 2016, 5:27:07 PM7/20/16
to Yang, Jing, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Jing,

Thank you for your question about loading bigWig custom tracks into the UCSC Genome Browser.

When attempting to access the files you provided from my computer here at UCSC, I get the following error:

    Not Found

    The requested URL /lilab/yxi/liushuang/Premarin_Veh.pool.norm.bw was not found on this server.

    Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at dldcc-web.brc.bcm.edu Port 80

Have you moved or renamed these files recently? Or, perhaps you changed the permissions to be more restrictive, thus removing the ability to access these files from the web?

If you've done neither of these things, then it is likely a recent change to Baylor's firewall that is blocking access to these files from the UCSC Genome Browser website. You should contact your campus' or department's IT staff to see if they can assist you with this issue.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group