discontinuous density plot

Bina, Minou

Sep 1, 2016, 9:50:33 AM9/1/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

I have a set of data to display as a non continuous  density plot

 I am having to write the header to create a custom track

I have not been able to get it to work

browser position chr11:1-135006516
browser full altGraph
track type=wiggle_0 track name="Dens" description="Density of ZFBS_morph overlaps" visibility=full db=hg19 autoScale=off viewLimits=0.0:20 color=165,42,42 yLineMark=1 yLineonoff=on priority=100
variableStep chrom=chr11 span=1

Please help to resolve this

Thank you

Minou Bina

Purdue University

Chris Villarreal

Sep 1, 2016, 6:08:21 PM9/1/16
to Bina, Minou, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Minou Bina,

Thank you for your question about the UCSC Genome Browser.
Could you please describe the issue more specifically or provide us with any error messages you are receiving?
It will also help if you include an example of the data you are using.

If you have any further questions, please reply
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes
sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V

UCSC Genome Browser

--

---

Bina, Minou

Sep 12, 2016, 11:14:33 AM9/12/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Chris Villarreal

Hello, Thank you for responding

The output of my analysis consists of two columns: genome-position and count

(file attached, for chr11 hg19)

I just need to view the result on the genome browser as a bar graph, without have to do additional programming

Regards,

Minou Bina

Purdue University

Sep 12, 2016, 7:03:40 PM9/12/16
to Bina, Minou, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Minou,

I have added your track line information to the top of the file you attached and I was able to successfully load the file as a custom track
​ in hg19​
. If you haven't already done so, please try adding the following to the top of your file and try loading the custom track again.

browser position chr11:1-135006516
browser full altGraph
track type=wiggle_0 track name="Dens" description="Density of ZFBS_morph overlaps" visibility=full db=hg19 autoScale=off viewLimits=0.0:20 color=165,42,42 yLineMark=1 yLineonoff=on priority=100
variableStep chrom=chr11 span=1

​If that doesn't work, please respond to this list with further details, including any error messages that you are seeing.​

Please respond to this list if you have further questions!

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-announce+subscribe@soe.ucsc.edu

Join us on Social Media! FacebookTwitter, Wordpress BlogYouTube

​Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute