enhancers

Tedaldi, Gianluca

May 17, 2018, 1:55:18 PM5/17/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good evening,
I'm not very expert in the use of UCSC browser, so I need help.
Some months ago I was working on enhancers from FANTOM5 and I had the screen that you can see in the file attached (CDH1 gene with 7 enhancers).
Now I cannot anymore find the track with enhancers, I don't understand why, maybe it's in another place...
Thank you in advance for the help.

Gianluca

--

Dr. Gianluca Tedaldi

Laboratorio di Bioscienze - Profili biomolecolari prognostici e predittivi

Istituto Scientifico Romagnolo per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori (IRST) IRCCS

via Piero Maroncelli 40 - 47014 Meldola (FC), http://www.irst.emr.it/

gianluca...@irst.emr.it

Tel. +39 0543 739228 / +39 0543 739232

Fax. +39 0543 739221

Istituto Scientifico Romagnolo per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori (IRST) Srl - IRCCS
Via Piero Maroncelli, 40 - 47014 Meldola (FC), Italy

IRST avverte che la presente e-mail ha natura professionale.
I messaggi inviati e ricevuti da questo account possono essere conosciuti da più persone nell’ambito dell’organizzazione.
Questo messaggio di posta elettronica contiene informazioni di carattere confidenziale rivolte esclusivamente al destinatario sopra indicato. E' vietato l'uso, la diffusione, distribuzione o riproduzione da parte di ogni altra persona.
Nel caso aveste ricevuto questo messaggio di posta elettronica per errore, siete pregati di segnalarlo immediatamente al mittente e distruggere quanto ricevuto (compresi i file allegati) senza farne copia.

IRST warns that this e-mail has a professional nature.
The messages sent and received from this account may be known by more people within the organization.
This e-mail message contains confidential information intended recipient only indicated above. Is forbidden to use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction by any other person.
In case you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy what has been received (including file attachments) without making a copy.

Schermata UCSC.docx

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

May 18, 2018, 6:56:27 PM5/18/18
to Tedaldi, Gianluca, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List

Hello Gianluca,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your inquiry.

The issue seems to be that you have unknowingly switched between the human assemblies hg19 and hg38. The older hg19 assembly contains the tracks that you are looking for, such as the HAIB tracks:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg19&g=wgEncodeHaibMethyl450

You may have also been using a hub, FANTOM5, and it may have gotten disconnected. You can load the hub from the Public hubs page. You can quickly load the hub by using the following link:

https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgHubConnect?hubUrl=http://fantom.gsc.riken.jp/5/datahub/hub.txt&db=hg38&hgHub_do_redirect=on&hgHubConnect.remakeTrackHub=on

We have a Track Search feature that you can use to find these tracks again.

Using these two links, you can see the result of searching for HAIB on hg19 and hg38.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---