Are public sessions publishable?

1 view

Taly Arbel

May 16, 2018, 7:52:56 PM5/16/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I have a session I want to include in my upcoming publication. Can I include it as public session? I understand that public sessions are not deleted, but I'm not sure if there's a way to create a persistent link to it.

Thank you!
Taly Arbel

Robert Kuhn

May 17, 2018, 5:22:30 PM5/17/18
to Taly Arbel, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List, Robert Kuhn
Hello, Taly,

The link to the public session should be stable.  We endeavor to keep the
session information indefinitely.  The link you provide should be stable as
long as you do not overwrite it or delete your account.  Having said that,
it is always best to back up your data and your session on your own
machine, just in case.  You could then reload it.

On the session creation page, you can dump the "cart" to a file then use
the file to reload any session that goes awry in the next earthquake.
The custom tracks would have to be reloaded separately.

We would encourage you to make the session more useful to our users
by adding a description (perhaps add the reference to your paper there
as well).  In the session-loading interface, click the "details" button for
the session and tell people why you think this is interesting.

thanks for using the Browser and best wishes,

     --b0b kuhn
     ucsc genome bioinformatics group

--

---