Problem loading hg38

Rohit Venkat

Aug 12, 2016, 11:43:48 AM8/12/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello!

I'm running a local instance of the UCSC genome browser and have been happily using with the yeast genome. I recently decided to add the human genome to my local instance but have run into an issue in doing so. To retrace my steps, I downloaded the entire hg38 directory from hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg38/ using rsync and then ran the loadDb script from kentUtils to load hg38's database tables. Everything appears to have loaded successfully, and
the Human species icon shows up on the Genome Portal page. However, when I click on the Human icon, the follow error message appears:

handleSetTaxId: error from server: Couldn't connect to database
hg38Patch2 on localhost as readonly.
Unknown database 'hg38Patch2'

I can't seem to figure out what I did wrong or why it's trying to find hg38Patch2 by default rather than hg38. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Rohit

Cath Tyner

Aug 15, 2016, 7:46:58 PM8/15/16
to Rohit Venkat, UCSC Genome Browser Public Help Forum
Hello Rohit,

Can you please connect to hgcentral in mysql and execute this command, and let us know the results?

delete from dbDb where taxId = 9606 and name not rlike '^hg[0-9][0-9]$';

Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

--

---