extracting sequences in batches

Zhanna Ioschikhes

Apr 30, 2015, 10:09:57 AM4/30/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Ilya Ioshikhes

Hello, Steve,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

When I upload file with gene names to retrieve corresponding genomic sequences it only returns unique ones.

For instance, for genes

MYCN

AKAP1

LRIG2

MYCN

Etc..

It will return genomic sequences for the first 3 genes only, ignoring the duplicate 4th (MYCN).

Is it possible to set the Browser so ALL sequences will be returned?

Thank you,

Zhanna.

Matthew Speir

May 1, 2015, 4:28:20 PM5/1/15
to Zhanna Ioschikhes, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Ilya Ioshikhes
Hi Zhanna,

Could you provide more details about what you are trying to accomplish or what you want your output to look like? This would help us advise you in how to get what you need from the UCSC Genome Browser and our related tools. The order in which you paste identifiers into the Tables Browser does not matter. The identifiers are merely used as a way to inform the Table Browser which regions to limit your output to. When you get output for these regions/identifiers, the results are arranged in ascending order by their location in the genome.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group