A question (RefSeq updating date)

Yasunori Aizawa

Jul 5, 2016, 11:27:47 AM7/5/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Shohei Kitano
Dear UCSC Genome Browser,

Could you please tell us what was the version of RefSeq mRNA data for human and mouse that we could download from your main site (not any mirror sites) on 5/25 this year?

The newest and the 2nd newest versions of RefSeq data (Release 76 and 75) were opened to the public via NCBI on 5/16 and 3/15, respectively.  So the question is when you updated Human and Mouse RefSeq data on your browser.

We are very sorry for bothering you.. Thank you so much for your considerations.

We use your browser almost every day and always appreciate your super contributions to the community.

Best regards,
Yas Aizawa

--------------------------------
Yasunori Aizawa, Ph.D.

Principal Investigator/Associate Professor
Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology
Tokyo Institute of Technology
4259 Nagatsuta B1-501
Midori, Yokohama, 226-8501 Japan

Tel: +81-45-924-5787
email: yai...@bio.titech.ac.jp

Christopher Lee

Jul 13, 2016, 6:32:25 PM7/13/16
to Yasunori Aizawa, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List, Shohei Kitano

Hi Yas,

Thank you for your question about RefSeq update times and my apologies for the delay in response.

We update the RefSeq track with new data every week. For more information about the process used
to create the RefSeq track, please see the RefSeq track description page (shown here for the Human
hg38 assembly):
http://genome.cse.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg38&c=chr9&g=refGene

When you downloaded the RefSeq track data on 5/25, most of the information was probably based on
Release 75 from RefSeq, although there may have been a few Release 76 updates thrown in (for example
any dropped transcripts).

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further
questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead
to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--