reference of a gene isoform

Diako Ebrahimi Mohammadi

Jun 16, 2015, 12:13:50 PM6/16/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,
Hope my email finds you well.
There is a human gene known as APOBEC3G. In your browser an unusual transcript of this gene lacking exons 1 and 2 is reported uc003awy.3
Can you please let me know the reference for this entry? which lab has observed this?
Our lab has done a fair amount of search but we have not been able to locate the reference.

Thank you for your help.
Diako
--
Dr Diako Ebrahimi
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Biophysics

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jul 1, 2015, 2:23:39 PM7/1/15
to Diako Ebrahimi Mohammadi, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Diako,

Thank you for your question. We recently switched over to GENCODE Genes as our default gene set. You can read more about it in our blog here: http://genome.ucsc.edu/blog/. For more information on how the track was constructed, please see the track description page: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg38&g=knownGene

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group