updating the NCBI Map Viewer link to the new NCBI Genome Data Viewer

Mary Alice Moore

Dec 19, 2017, 11:50:42 AM12/19/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello all,

   Is the updating nearing completion?

   If we are using the UCSC browser in bld 19, will the new link carry us to bld 19 in the new NCBI Genome Data Viewer?

   Will we still be able to generate a table from Map 5: Genes On Sequence? Will that even be in the new NCBI Genome Data Viewer?

Thanks,

Mary Alice

Brian Lee

Dec 19, 2017, 1:18:18 PM12/19/17
to Mary Alice Moore, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Mary,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your questions about NCBI Map Viewer link to the new NCBI Genome Data Viewer.

Thank you for your message to help ensure we improve the links with these changes. Our engineers have been in contact with NCBI to work out a mapping that will function consistently on an ongoing basis.

It is true that if you are using the UCSC browser in hg19, the new link will carry you to the corresponding equivalent of hg19 in the new NCBI Genome Data Viewer.

For your question about being able to generate a table from Map 5: Genes On Sequence and whether that will be in the new NCBI Genome Data Viewer, reviewing the GDV announcement (https://go.usa.gov/xnYSP) it is a question that would be better asked of NCBI at their listed contact for any comments, concerns with the transition from the Map Viewer to GDV: https://support.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic&deptID=28049

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Brian Lee
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

Training videos & resources: http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html
Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining