Problem with zooming out in WashU Genome Browser

Hashem Koohy

Mar 27, 2017, 12:14:49 PM3/27/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Washu support team,

Thank you so much for developing and supporting such a great tool.

I am writing to you to report a problem about zooming out that I have been recently facing with my new datasets. When I start zooming out with datasets, As you can see from the attached figures, at some point the datasets are not co-ordinately zoomed out. In other words, genes and annotations are zoomed out but my data are not zoomed out anymore.

I have tested my dataset on UCSC browser, and not seen such a problem with that.

In the figures that I have attached, the first shows Irs1 gene in mouse mm10 region. This figure looks fine, however, the second figure is the one I see problem with that. It has been made by zooming out from the Irs1 gene.

I have therefore sent link so that you can reproduce the problem.

I would be grateful if you could please point me to the problem.

http://epigenomegateway.wustl.edu/browser/?genome=mm10&session=Kj7gRHFRVQ&statusId=638341316

Sincerely Yours

Hashem Koohy

The Babraham Institute, Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge CB22 3AT Registered Charity No. 1053902.

The information transmitted in this email is directed only to the addressee. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this email from your system. The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not necessarily represent the views of the Babraham Institute. Full conditions at: www.babraham.ac.uk

After.png
Before.png

Luvina Guruvadoo

Mar 28, 2017, 3:07:35 PM3/28/17
to Hashem Koohy, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Koohy,

Thank you for contacting the UCSC Genome Browser support forum. Have you contacted the WashU folks who maintain this site? Looks like they have a Google Community set up. I suggest you get in touch with them to report the issue.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo