quastion: genomic coordinates

Mahboobe Akbari

Jul 7, 2016, 4:17:45 PM7/7/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

please introduce me how To download genomic coordinates for all
known genes for species like sheep, cow and chicken from UCSC, Table Browser.

Sincerely,
Mahboueh Akbari

Cath Tyner

Jul 7, 2016, 5:48:19 PM7/7/16
to Mahboobe Akbari, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Mahboueh
​,

Thank you for your interest in the UCSC Genome Browser.

You can read about the various genes in each track's description page:

For example,

- Go the gateway page:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway
​
​- ​
Select your assembly of choice, such as "cow
​" and press the blue "GO" button.
- Click on any of the track names, such as "RefSeq Genes" under the "Genes and Gene Prediction Tracks" category to go to that track's description page:

Track description page for bosTau8's RefSeq Genes:

From the Table Browser, ​(Tools > Table Browser) you can download
bosTau8's RefSeq Gene
​ whole-genome ​
annotations by following the example below:

clade = Mammal
genome = Cow
assembly = whichever version you would like, bosTau8 is the most recent.
group = Genes and Gene Prediction Tracks
track = RefSeq Genes (or whichever track you prefer)
table = refGene
(or whichever track you prefer)
region = genome
output format: BED - browser extensible data Note: you can choose other options here, such as "sequence."
click "get output"
Create one BED record: ​check the box  "Whole Gene"​
click the "get BED" button

Alternatively, you can also download genomic data directly from our FTP server:

If you are new to the UCSC Genome Browser, you might also be interested in some introductory video tutorials about the browser available
from our training page:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html
http://www.openhelix.com/ucsc

Please respond to this list if you have further questions!

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-annou...@soe.ucsc.edu

Join us on Social Media! FacebookTwitter, Wordpress BlogYouTube

​Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

--

---