Dear UCSC, about genome browser

corina_bioinformatic

Oct 3, 2016, 10:32:44 AM10/3/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC team,
When i perform a query to obtain genes relate to a protein,
http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?position=P49247

I retrieve one gene protein related and several other with some other names.
I would like to know what is the relation with the protein, if they
produce the protein by insertion deletions, splicing variants, they´re
coding regions, etc.

I couldn´t find anything well explained online. Incluse I don´t know
what version of Known genes it is (In this website they mention there is
gonna be a third version [1])

[1]http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Known_genes_III#Goals_and_History

Thanks in advance.

Corina

Chris Villarreal

Oct 3, 2016, 5:30:03 PM10/3/16
to corina_bioinformatic, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Corina,

Thank you for your question about the UCSC Genome Browser. Can you elaborate further on your question? We are unsure as to what you are asking. If possible, please include details such as how you are executing your query (specific steps), what assembly you are using, and what gene/protein you are interested in.

Please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

Corina