Problems with access to homepage

Müller, Alexander

Aug 16, 2016, 11:34:41 AM8/16/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Sir or Madam,

I found your homepage by chance and am very interested to investigate the data accumulated redarding the transcriptome of primary human lung cells, since this might allow me to confirm my studies on those cells. Unfortunately, my knowledge about bioinformatics is rather petty, and thus your homepage’s feature “View ENCODE data (2003 - 2012) in the UCSC Genome Browser” might enhance the chances to investigate primary cell mRNA/protein expression with comparably few effort. However, when I click on the access button, an error occurs, reading the following:

Warning/Error(s):

    External file /gbdb/hg19/multiz100way/maf/chr21.maf cannot be opened or has wrong size. Old size 8581616277, new size -1, error No such file or directory

I tried to open the feature with several browsers, but it did not work. Can you maybe help me with this issue?

Yours sincerely

Alexander Müller

Cath Tyner

Aug 16, 2016, 1:07:30 PM8/16/16
to Müller, Alexander, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your interest in the UCSC Genome Browser. Given the error that you described, I think you may have gone to our development site. Our public site is actually http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg19 (and not http://genome-preview.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg19). Please try accessing ENCODE data from the public site and let us know if you have any problems.

Here is general information about ENCODE at UCSC (limited until 2012).

Please note: ENCODE results from 2007 until present day are available from the ENCODE Project Portal.

The ENCODE portal at www.encodeproject.org is supported separately from the UCSC Genome Browser. For help specific to this portal, please refer to their contact page, and email them at encod...@lists.stanford.edu

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private data help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-announce+subs...@soe.ucsc.edu

Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

--

---