Exon sequence

Blokhin, Ilya O

Aug 16, 2017, 1:13:31 PM8/16/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Good morning.

How can we extract the sequence of a specific exon of specific gene? We are interested in exon 17 or human EGFR.

Thanks,

Ilya

Robert Kuhn

Aug 16, 2017, 1:39:56 PM8/16/17
to Blokhin, Ilya O, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Robert Kuhn
Hello, Ilya,

The short version of getting the sequence of any region is to zoom to
exactly that part of the genome in the main Browser graphic, then use the
pulldown menu, "View" and select "DNA."

A longer, video version can be found via a link on our training page:

best regards, and thanks for using the Genome Browser,

  --b0b kuhn
   ucsc genome bioinformatics group

--

---

Robert Kuhn

Aug 16, 2017, 1:42:36 PM8/16/17
to Blokhin, Ilya O, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Robert Kuhn
Hello, again, Ilya,

I would like to add that you should be careful when using "exon 17" that you
are in the right place on the gene.  Because of differential splicing there are
different isoforms and "exon 17" will be different depending on the isoform you
choose.

regards,

 --b0b kuhn

Blokhin, Ilya O