HGVS variant names and table browser search

Amit Indap

May 20, 2015, 12:23:35 PM5/20/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi UCSC -

Are you able to search for variants based on HGVS cDNA names using the Table Browser? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, based on my search of the mailing archives. I just wanted to make sure.

Best,
Amit Indap

Jonathan Casper

May 20, 2015, 5:53:57 PM5/20/15
to Amit Indap, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Amit,

Thank you for your question about support for HGVS nomenclature. While we do have plans to add support for HGVS names to our tools, there is no timetable for it right now. Some suggestions for working around this limitation are described in this mailing list question: https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/topic/genome/oMVq6Z9p_0k/discussion. Please note that the Variant Annotation Integrator (http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgVai) does now support the entry of rs# IDs from dbSNP - under the "Select Variants" drop down menu, select the "Variant Identifiers" option.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group