Query about variation between liftover and weaver alignment

Keerthivasan Raanin Chandradoss

Sep 20, 2017, 11:14:53 AM9/20/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear sir/madam,

I have a small region in hg19. I do liftover it to mm10 and mm9. These liftover co-ordinates of mm10 doesn't match with the alignment that is shown in WashU EpiGenome Browser. Could you give me any idea about what is going on.?

Example:
hg19: chr2 183935925 183935985
mm10: chr7 23358361 23358421
mm9: chr7 24143380 24143440

Thank you,
Keerthivasan R. C.

Christopher Lee

Sep 21, 2017, 4:54:27 PM9/21/17
to Keerthivasan Raanin Chandradoss, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Keerthivasan,

This list is for questions pertaining the UCSC Genome Browser and the
associated software and data. If you have questions about the WashU
Epigenome Browser and the alignments displayed there you should
contact WashU directly:
epig...@lists.genetics.wustl.edu

That being said, different alignments strategies produce different
results and the "correct" answer is not known, and so you must figure
out for yourself which strategy to use.

If you have further questions about LiftOver, or about any alignments
on the UCSC Genome Browser, feel free to let us know!

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute