Dec 2009 track

Gemma Hyland

Jun 26, 2017, 10:13:46 AM6/26/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I am currently carrying out a research project and using TCGA exon quantification data but I'm having trouble mapping the co-ordinates to transript ID's. According to their website they used the reference transcript set on the hg19 UCSC Gene standard track(December 2009 version). I was wondering if that were still available as I can't find it on the website. Would it be possible to get this file or could you could you tell me where to find it?

Kinda regards,
Gemma

Matthew Speir

Jun 26, 2017, 5:38:13 PM6/26/17
to Gemma Hyland, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Gemma,

Thank you for your question about obtaining the UCSC Genes build from 2009.

You can obtain this from the Table Browser using the following settings:

1. Navigate to the Table Browser, https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables.
2. Make the following selections:
    clade: Mammal
    genome: Human
    assembly: Feb. 2009 (GRCh37/hg19)
    group: All Tables
    database: hg19
    table: knownGeneOld5
    output format: BED - browser extensible data
    output file: enter a file name or leave blank to view results in the browser

3. Click "get output".

You should now have a BED file, https://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html#format1, that contains all of the UCSC Genes predictions for that release. Or you can download the table in genePred format, https://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html#format9, from our downloads server here: http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/database/knownGeneOld5.txt.gz.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group
--

---