session not appearing in list of Public Sessions

1 view

Irwin Jungreis

Aug 15, 2016, 1:28:31 PM8/15/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello.

I created a session called AgamP4 on 8/9 and checked the box for "post in public listings" (and for "Share with others"), but when I go to My Data | Public Sessions it is not included in the list. If I search for AgamP4 it says no matching records were found, and if I sort by Creation (newest first) the most recent is 7/21.

What more do I need to do for my session to be made public?

Possible clue about what is going wrong: I had created a public session with the same name a few months ago. That one did appear in public sessions. Then I created the new one and deleted the old one (possibly after doing some renaming -- I don't remember).

(BTW, it would be great if UCSC supported the AgamP4 Anopheles gambiae assembly rather than just the 2003 anoGam1 assembly; then I wouldn't need this assembly hub and public session in the first place.)

Thanks.

Irwin Jungreis

Christopher Lee

Aug 15, 2016, 2:49:51 PM8/15/16
to Irwin Jungreis, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hi Irwin,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and for submitting your question regarding public sessions not appearing. This is currently a known issue, and should be fixed next week, after Tuesday 8/23/16. Please try enabling the public session again then and let us know if you continue to have any problems.

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further
questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead
to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

Irwin Jungreis