GBiB : Change server location to european server to increase speed

Jean-Philippe Villemin

Nov 18, 2016, 10:22:07 AM11/18/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
I use GBIB UCSC genome browser in a box via  virtualbox.

I'm located in France so it is a bit slow and i want increase performance.
When reading about speed  on https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenpath/help/gbib.html, they say access from europe last 7secondes vs 3 for USA.

From europe, when you connect on the natural website , you can switch to  european server access enome-euro.ucsc.edu.

I was wondering if it was possible to change in GBIB current server adress ?

Thanks

--
Jean-Philippe Villemin   Bioinformatics, Software Engineer -

IGH (Institute of Human Genetics)
Team: Splicing and Epigenetics
141 rue de la Cardonille
Montpellier France 4094 cedex 5
jpvil...@gmail.com

Message has been deleted

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Nov 18, 2016, 5:00:48 PM11/18/16
to Jean-Philippe Villemin, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List

Hello Jean-Philippe Villemin,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser in a Box and your question about increasing its speed.
Unfortunately, the public MySQL server is only here in the U.S. and although there is a genome-euro server that exists in Germany, it doesn't include a MySQL server for public queries.

However, you can use a tool to mirror the data locally on your GBIB by going to Tools >> Mirror Tracks. This will allow you to download your relevant tracks and work locally from your own machine without having to fetch the data each time over the internet. You can learn more about speeding up GBIB by reading our documentation here:http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenpath/help/gbib.html#GbibMirroring

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived
on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes
sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

--