protein accession ID

ji an

Dec 26, 2016, 11:42:22 AM12/26/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
  Hello,
I have protein accession ID such as P14550, O60624.how can i get the corresponding mRNA sequence from UCSC genome browser?

thanks
Yuan

Chris Villarreal

Jan 3, 2017, 2:15:15 PM1/3/17
to ji an, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Yuan,

Thank you for your question about the UCSC Genome Browser. You can find the proteins mRNA by inputting the protein accession ID into the genome browser "Position/Search Term" box.
Select the assembly version of your choice (i.e. hg38) Press "Go" then follow these steps:

1. Click on the protein in the "GENCODE v24" track to access its description page.
2. Navigate to the "Sequence and Links to Tools and Databases" section and select "mRNA (may differ from genome)".

You will be presented with the protein mRNA sequence. I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

--

---