about axtChainNet

CHEN, ZHONGQIANG (John)

Jun 2, 2017, 6:29:02 PM6/2/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, HE, HONGXIAN

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a research scientist in DuPont Industrial Bioscience.  Dr. Jim Kent kindly direct my initial request to this email address. Could you please tell me how to obtain axtChainNet (under http://hgwdev.cse.ucsc.edu/~kent/exe/) ? Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Zhongqiang (John) Chen, PhD,

Bioinformatics Research Scientist

Dupont Industrial Bioscience

zhongqi...@dupont.com

This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail,in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese Korean

CHEN, ZHONGQIANG (John)

Jun 8, 2017, 5:16:54 PM6/8/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, HE, HONGXIAN, ke...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would much appreciate if you can inform/direct me about obtaining axtChainNet (see below for details) – is it free to use?  Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Zhongqiang (John) Chen, PhD,

Bioinformatics Research Scientist

Dupont Industrial Bioscience

zhongqi...@dupont.com

cid:image001.png@01D2E078.475BC6A0

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jun 12, 2017, 11:27:34 AM6/12/17
to CHEN, ZHONGQIANG (John), gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, HE, HONGXIAN, ke...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Zhongqiang,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your question about axtChainNet.
I apologize for the delay in my response.

The axtChainNet file from the link you shared is a zip file containing various utilities from Jim Kent's home directory. The utilities in the .zip file are:

axtChain
axtPretty
chainNet
chainToPsl
lavToAxt
netChainSubset
netFilter
netSyntenic
netToAxt
pslMap

Some of these utilities are not freely available to commercial users, such as axtChain, and will require a source code license. For information about commercial licensing of the Genome Browser source code, see http://genome.ucsc.edu/license/. We also recommend you download these utilities from our download server to ensure you have the most recent utilities.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

--