about reflink.txt

Kayo

Aug 22, 2016, 11:42:03 AM8/22/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I'm looking for hg19  "refLink.txt.gz" files in
http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/database/, but the "refLink.txt.gz" is not found in this site.
It was in the site  a few months before.

Has the hg19 refLink.txt.gz disappeared ?

Kayo Narukawa

Brian Lee

Aug 22, 2016, 12:01:58 PM8/22/16
to Kayo, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Kayo,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your question about the location of the refLink information previously found in the hg19 database location.

This table, and similar other tables, contains data that is shared across many different databases and in an effort to consolidate the data we moved the tables into a new shared hgFixed database location. You can read more about this move at the following FAQ entry: http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQdownloads.html#download35

Here is a link to the hgFixed location where you will find the refLink.txt.gz file:
http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hgFixed/database/

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further questions, please reply toge...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Brian Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute