Registering my TrackHub

Benoit Ballester

Sep 13, 2017, 10:42:22 AM9/13/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC Genome Browser developer,

I would like to have our Track Hub registered with UCSC and share it in the Public listing.
This hub is linked with a NAR Database submission for the 2018 issue (deadline 15th September).

Here is the HUB link.

I hope we've done everything right, I used Daniel’s (Zerbino) HTML template as well.

Please let me know if there is anything,
Cheers,

Ben

--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
Inserm U1090, TAGC

Christopher Lee

Sep 13, 2017, 2:23:27 PM9/13/17
to Benoit Ballester, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your request to add a public track hub. Your hub has
been added to our review queue, and our team will be reviewing your
hub to ensure that it meets our Public Hub standards. The timing on
when your hub review will be complete is unknown, though you will be
contacted either during the review process or upon completion.

If you haven't done so already, you can review the Public Hub
Guidelines page to get an idea of what suggestions may be needed:
http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Public_Hub_Guidelines

From a quick look of the hub, it appears the bigDataUrl's have some
typos and refer to files that don't exist.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute
> --
>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msgid/genome/E94430F0-4EB8-43F5-8DC1-017761CF370B%40inserm.fr.

Benoit Ballester

Sep 14, 2017, 11:19:28 AM9/14/17
to Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Chris,

The bigDataUrl’s  typos have been corrected.

Ben
--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
Inserm U1090, TAGC

Benoit Ballester

Sep 14, 2017, 3:23:44 PM9/14/17
to Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Apologie for this, but unfortunately our server hosting the track hub is down (longer than expected maintenance)

I will let you know as soon as our server restarted.

--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
Inserm U1090, TAGC

Benoit Ballester

Oct 6, 2017, 2:40:14 PM10/6/17
to Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Christopher,

By any chance, is there any news regarding the ReMap track hub registration I have sent in September.

For information, this TrackHub will accompany our ReMap 2018 publication in the NAR DB issue, back-to-back with the JASPAR 2018 paper, which I have just seen, has a already its trackhub public.

Please, let me know if there is anything I can to speed this process up.

Cheers,

Benoit
--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
INSERM U1090 TAGC

13288 Marseille Cedex 9
France
+33 4 91 82 87 28
(1st)  benoit.b...@inserm.fr
(2nd) benoit.b...@univ-amu.fr

Matthew Speir

Oct 6, 2017, 4:41:28 PM10/6/17
to Benoit Ballester, Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Benoit,

I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for following up about your public track hub.

I think your public track hub looks excellent, though there is one minor issue that you should fix. Some of the characters on your track description page don't seem to be encoded properly and come out as a garbled mess when viewed in the Genome Browser. Here is an example of some of these garbled characters:
We retrieved the list of ENCODE data as FASTQ files from the ENCODE portal (https://www.encodeproject.org/) using the following filters: Assay: “ChIP-seq†, Organism: “Homo sapiens†, Target of assay: “transcription factor†, Available data: “fastq†on 2016 June 21st. Metadata information in JSON format and FASTQ files were retrieved using the Python requests module.
I believe you just need to change how you are encoding the double quotes ("") in your HTML files.

Since this is such a minor change, I have gone ahead and added your hub to our public list at http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgHubConnect and sent an announcement to our announcement mailing list, https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!forum/genome-announce. I can also tweet about it if you have a twitter handle you'd like me to include (e.g. @benoit for a personal one or something for your lab).

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Benoit Ballester

Oct 9, 2017, 11:54:22 AM10/9/17
to Matthew Speir, Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Matthew,

Excellent news !
Yes I’ll fix the weird characters asap on monday morning.
It would be great if you tweet about it, my tweeter account is @BenoitBallester

Cheers,
Ben

--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
INSERM U1090 TAGC
Aix-Marseille-Université
Parc Scientifique de Luminy
13288 Marseille Cedex 9
France
+33 4 91 82 87 28
(1st)  benoit.b...@inserm.fr
(2nd) benoit.b...@univ-amu.fr

Benoit Ballester

Oct 24, 2017, 11:34:14 AM10/24/17
to Matthew Speir, Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Mathew, Christopher,

How can I track access and data usage of the ReMAp Track hub ?

I have a Google Analytics account on the ReMap website tracking the different pages.
However I am not sure how to track the direct track hub access.

Would you have any hints/info ?
Cheers,

Benoit
--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
INSERM U1090 TAGC
Aix-Marseille-Université
Parc Scientifique de Luminy
13288 Marseille Cedex 9
France
+33 4 91 82 87 28
(1st)  benoit.b...@inserm.fr
(2nd) benoit.b...@univ-amu.fr

Matthew Speir

Oct 27, 2017, 8:42:38 PM10/27/17
to Benoit Ballester, Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Benoit,

Thank you for your question about tracking usage of your ReMap hub.

We can generate these usage metrics for your hub upon request, although in the past we've only generated them when the hub has been available for at least a few months. In the future, we have plans to make this hub usage information available through a URL, though we don't really have an estimate of when that will be available. We'll be sure to let you and the other public hub providers know when this is available.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

Benoit Ballester

Apr 30, 2018, 10:31:18 AM4/30/18
to Matthew Speir, Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Dear Matthew, Christopher,

Our server hosting the track crashed a couple of days ago, hence we have changed our URL for the trackHub.
Could you please update the URL in the Public Hub for ReMap ?

Thanks,,

Benoit
--
Benoît Ballester, PhD

Inserm U1090, TAGC
Campus de Luminy
13288 Marseille Cedex 9
France
+33 4 91 82 87 28
(1st)  benoit.b...@inserm.fr
(2nd) benoit.b...@univ-amu.fr
ReMap2018: http://remap.cisreg.eu

Matthew Speir

Apr 30, 2018, 11:08:02 AM4/30/18
to Benoit Ballester, Christopher Lee, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hello, Benoit.

Thank you for providing us with an updated URL for your hub. I have updated the URL in our system and it should be working properly on our site.

Also, to follow-up on your earlier question about track hub usage information. Since your hub has been available for a few months now, I can look into generating these usage stats and then pass them along to you in another email.

On 8 Oct 2017, at 18:44, Benoit Ballester <benoit.b...@inserm.fr> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

Excellent news !
Yes I’ll fix the weird characters asap on monday morning.
It would be great if you tweet about it, my tweeter account is @BenoitBallester

Cheers,
Ben

--
Benoît Ballester, PhD
INSERM U1090 TAGC
Aix-Marseille-Université
Parc Scientifique de Luminy
13288 Marseille Cedex 9
France
+33 4 91 82 87 28
(1st)  benoit.b...@inserm.fr

Benoit Ballester

May 1, 2018, 11:45:25 AM5/1/18
On 30 Apr 2018, at 17:07, Matthew Speir <msp...@soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:

Hello, Benoit.

Thank you for providing us with an updated URL for your hub. I have updated the URL in our system and it should be working properly on our site.

Also, to follow-up on your earlier question about track hub usage information. Since your hub has been available for a few months now, I can look into generating these usage stats and then pass them along to you in another email.

This would be great thanks !