Exon Information

Pratyajit Mohapatra

Aug 25, 2016, 12:09:24 PM8/25/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good Morning,

I am trying to look for the data which contains exon start and end points of drosophila melanogaster. However, I could not find the raw file in the downloads section. Can you please help me a way out to find the exon information from ucsc genome browser. I need all the exon data across the fly genome.

Thank you,

Pratyajit Mohapatra
Graduate Student
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-3156

Luvina Guruvadoo

Aug 25, 2016, 5:11:23 PM8/25/16
to Pratyajit Mohapatra, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Pratyajit,

Thank you for your question. You can retrieve a list of exon coordinates for drosophila melanogaster using our Table Browser:

1. Navigate to the Table Browser.

2. Make the following selections:
clade: Insect
genome: D. melanogaster
assembly: (select an assembly)
group: Genes and Gene Predictions
track: RefSeq Genes
table: refGene
output format: selected field from primary and related tables
output file: enter a file name to save your results, or leave blank to display output in the web browser

3. Click "submit".

4. On the following page, select name, exonStarts, exonEnds, and any other appropriate fields you would like in your output.

5. Click "get output".

If you would like more information on the Table Browser, please refer to our User's Guide.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo