Cannot locate file

Michael G. Bunnemeyer

Dec 13, 2016, 10:48:58 AM12/13/16
to UCSC
Hello,
I opened the sequence of Human chromosome 1, from Fasta. The file address, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/CM000663.2?report=fasta&log$=seqview&format=text is about 249 MB.

Although this sequence file opened without any problem, it did not state into which folder.
Both Apple service providers, whom I consulted, nor myself were able to determine where this file ended up. I want to place this file on an external hard drive.
Could you please help? Thank you!

Michael G. Bunnemeyer

Chris Villarreal

Dec 13, 2016, 11:55:45 AM12/13/16
to Michael G. Bunnemeyer, UCSC

Dear Michael G. Bunnemeyer,

Thank for your question, but, unfortunately, it falls outside the scope of this mailing list. This mailing list is intended for help using the UCSC Genome Browser, http://genome.ucsc.edu/, and our other tools. We recommend that you contact NCBI,https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/home/about/contact.shtml, or your computer hardware support for more assistance.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

Michael G.  Bunnemeyer

--