答复: [genome-mirror] Can't open /gbdb/hg19/hg19.2bit to read: Permission denied

程 维晟

Mar 5, 2018, 11:55:11 AM3/5/18
to Jairo Navarro Gonzalez, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Thank you for reply. When I give 'others' permission to read the file, it is still have the problem.

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

Mar 6, 2018, 5:05:45 PM3/6/18
to 程 维晟, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Weisheng,

Thank you for your follow-up question.

You previously reported experiencing the error on the mm9.2bit file; however, you shared the permissions for hg19, hg38, and hg19.2bit. If you are still experiencing errors with the mm9.2bit file, please make sure that you updated the permissions for the mm9.2bit file.

From your previous message, it appears the directory /gbdb is a soft link to /home/public_resource.file/bigData/gbdb/. One of our engineers has shared that you need to check permissions of all directories in the path to /gbdb/mm9/mm9.2bit to verify access. All directories in the 'real' path (pwd -P) must be verified to be at least 755.

e.g., if bigData/ doesn't have public read and execute permissions, then you will get a permissions error on the 2bit file.

The following StackExchange post may be helpful:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/13858/do-the-parent-directorys-permissions-matter-when-accessing-a-subdirectory

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

程 维晟

Mar 14, 2018, 12:03:14 PM3/14/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Mar 14, 2018, 12:16:00 PM3/14/18
to 程 维晟, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Weisheng,

Thank you for sharing off the list how mounting a hard disk and not using symlinks provided a solution to your issue.

MySQL servers need special setup variables turned on to allow symlinks to function for their database files, likely explaining why the symlink was not working.

All the best,
Brian Lee

---