oligoMatch error

tgeorgom

Apr 7, 2017, 10:45:52 AM4/7/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear team ucsc,

I am trying to use your oligoMatch program in ubuntux64 environment. I downloaded the appropriate file from the server, I used as a test chrM.fa from the ucsc servers "goldenpath", in fasta format
and I made a fasta formated file that contains the sequence I want to interrogate.

file: apoi.fa
>apoi

RAATTY

the program gives me an output of

./oligoMatch apoi.fa chrM.fa
oligoMatch - find perfect matches in sequence.
usage:
oligoMatch oligos sequence output.bed
where "oligos" and "sequence" can be .fa, .nib, or .2bit files.
The oligos may contain IUPAC codes.

Do you have any clue of what I am missing or what I am doing wrong?

Kindest Regards
Theodoros Georgomanolis
--
Dr Theodoros Georgomanolis,
Zentrum für Molekulare Medizin (ZMMK)

Hiram Clawson

Apr 7, 2017, 10:54:09 AM4/7/17
to tgeorgom, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good Morning Theodoros:

Please supply a third argument to the program, the 'output.bed'
file to receive the results of the analysis:

./oligoMatch apoi.fa chrM.fa apoi.bed

The 'usage:' statement indicates the required arguments.
You can also use the argument 'stdout' in place of 'apoi.bed'
to see the output going to 'standard output'
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_streams#Standard_output_.28stdout.29

--Hiram