Genes positions table

Doron Levi

Mar 27, 2017, 12:13:26 PM3/27/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,
My name is Doron and im working in Ariel University.

Im trying to create a query that return gene symbol + position (chrom, start, end) in hg19 by using refGene table, but im not success to find where can i take the whole gene position from?

Thank you very much, especially about your wonderful database,
Doron

Luvina Guruvadoo

Mar 28, 2017, 2:43:27 PM3/28/17
to Doron Levi, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Doron,

Thank you for your question. You can use the Table Browser to retrieve gene names along with their start and stop coordinates from RefSeq, or connect directly to our public MySQL server and create a query.

1. Navigate to the Table Browser.
Use the following settings:

Clade: Mammal
Genome: Human
Assembly: Feb. 2009 (GRCh37/hg19)
Group: Genes and Gene Prediction Tracks
Track: RefSeq Genes
Table: refGene

2. Be sure the region is set to genome. If you have a list of identifiers or refSeq IDS, paste or upload a list.

3. Select for Output Format: "Selected Fields from Primary and Related Tables".

4. Click "get output". On the following page, select chrom, cdsStart, cdsEnd, and name2.

5. Click "get output".

I hope this helps.

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo