Custom tracks question

Rupert, David

Feb 11, 2015, 12:28:26 PM2/11/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Hasi, Minire, Cody, Jannine D

I have 2 text files for Chromosome 18 p- work and want to color code each gene track with 1 of 5 colors and set it to “Pack”. The info pages show that with pack you get the option for a range of greys or blues or browns only

Text file “hg19-p-_pack” has the upper section colored as we want, but, keeping the coloring, can we display it like the below section, the more compact format?

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg19&position=chr18%3A1-17176994&hgsid=411456277_Sc7n6zdsTmmJQvpPO50peNKF7IQc

Text file “hg19-p-_pack2_test” uses the pack layout but only shows grey.

http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?db=hg19&position=chr18%3A1-17307123&hgsid=411456493_nOuzCdGDFJlXalL68NS4Mi64fDSO

David C. Rupert

MED 540F.1

O-210-567-5251

C- 210-452-6536

"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" Tom Magliozzi

Feb 11, 2015, 1:43:10 PM2/11/15
to Rupert, David, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, ku...@soe.ucsc.edu, Hasi, Minire, Cody, Jannine D
Hello, David,

Thanks for your question. I see by using the Table Browser to
download your data, that you have the 9th (itemRgb) column of your
BED file properly encoding your colors. However, for the Genome
Browser to display your chosen colors, you need to enable this feature
using "itemRgb=on" in the track header.

You can find this information in our documentation on this page:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html#format1

Best wishes, and thanks for being a Browser user.

--b0b kuhn