hub passes all checks but doesn't show up in browser

Alon Appleboim

Jun 19, 2017, 11:40:16 AM6/19/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi all,

I just made a hub that seems to be in order AFAI can tell.
I tested it with the hubCheck utility and it passed all the tests I could throw at it.
When I load it in the browser it’s successfully added, but then the tracks don’t show up in for some reason.

Anyone encountered this before? I think I’m missing something obvious..

This is the URL:

Would appreciate any help,
Alon

Brian Lee

Jul 3, 2017, 2:21:12 PM7/3/17
to Alon Appleboim, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Alon,

Thank you for using track hubs in the UCSC Genome Browser and your question about accessing your files.

A test of your hub appeared to be working, here is a session link to the genome-euro mirror server, which may provide you with faster speeds as it may be closer to your location: http://genome-euro.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks?hgS_doOtherUser=submit&hgS_otherUserName=brianlee&hgS_otherUserSessionName=sacCer3.hubTest

Are things working for you now? If they are still not working could you share any additional information such as what position you are looking at, and whether there is the blue bar below the track display with your hub's name "DiamideAbcamome2015" and whether an error message shows up in hgHubConnect page: http://genome-euro.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgHubConnect

Also, as a hint about the various track hub settings available, you may wish to add "showSubtrackColorOnUi on" to your stanzas that have "container multiWig" that would allow you to see the colors next to your subtrack list when one clicks into the track settings page: http://genome-euro.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/trackDb/trackDbHub.html#showSubtrackColorOnUi

Thank you again for your inquiry and building track hubs to use on the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Brian Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--