Pimephales promelas draft genome

Villeneuve, Dan

Sep 13, 2016, 12:11:40 PM9/13/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Saari, Travis

Hello,

Our research group at the US EPA, in collaboration with Dupont have generated a draft genome assembly and annotations for the fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas). The fathead minnow is one of the most widely used model organisms in aquatic ecotoxicity testing and is used regulatory testing around the world, particularly North America (see attached). As a result, there is a substantial community that would benefit from access to the assembled genome and associated annotation information. While we have already packaged this information in a stand-alone browser for our own use, we have interest in making these resource more widely available to the public. Consequently, we are inquiring as to whether you would be able and interested in hosting the fathead minnow genome on your site, and if so, how we would go about providing the appropriate assembly and annotation files to you.

Please note, the assembly (described in the attached manuscript) has been deposited in NCBI. Several rounds of gene prediction have been performed and we have also constructed a high density genetic map for the species which shows considerable synteny with zebrafish (Danio rerio) has been generated (associated paper in preparation).

Please let me know if hosting this genome on the UCSC browser would be of interest.

Thank you,

Dan V.

Dan Villeneuve, Ph.D.
Research Toxicologist
U.S. EPA  Mid-Continent Ecology Division
6201 Congdon Blvd.
Duluth, MN  55804-2595
T:  218-529-5217
F:  218-529-5003
E-mail:  villene...@epa.gov

Ankley and Villeneuve 2006 FHM past present future.pdf
Burns et al etc3186-FHM genome sequence and assembly.pdf

Luvina Guruvadoo

Sep 14, 2016, 3:46:27 PM9/14/16
to Villeneuve, Dan, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu, Saari, Travis
Hello Dan,

Thank you for informing us of this new release. You may be interested in creating and hosting a public Assembly Hub from your institution. Please have a look at our Quick Start Guide and Assembly Hub Wiki for more details. You can register your hub with UCSC by contacting this mailing list at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo