.gtf file for use in Cuffdiff, Galaxy

Rickett, Natasha

Jul 31, 2017, 11:57:31 AM7/31/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi

I am trying to download a .gtf file for use in cuffdiff, Galaxy.

I used this website to download a .gtf file and send it straight to Galaxy but it wasn’t the correct format to use in cuffdiff. Do you know how I could download a file of the correct format? Or how to convert it?

Many thanks,

Natasha

Matthew Speir

Aug 4, 2017, 5:31:43 PM8/4/17
to Rickett, Natasha, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Natasha,

Thank you for your question about downloading a GTF file from the UCSC Genome Browser.

Please see the "Obtaining GTF (Gene Transfer Format)" FAQ on our site: http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQdownloads.html#download37.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group
--

---