Chain file for hg19 to susScr11

aishwarya kulkarni

Apr 2, 2018, 11:25:19 AM4/2/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi ,
I was wondering if there is a chain file for liftover from hg19 to susScr11 as I cannot find one in the ftp of chain files for hg19.
Thanks
Best
Aishwarya.S.Kulkarni

Christopher Lee

Apr 2, 2018, 7:50:12 PM4/2/18
to aishwarya kulkarni, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Aishwarya,

Thank you for your question about lifting hg19 coordinates to
susScr11. We have started the process to create the liftOver chain but
it may take a bit longer than normal due to some behind the scenes
changes. We'll let you know when it's ready.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks,

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute
> --
>
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/d/msgid/genome/CAOHsA6jtLnRSpZ6wVDyYrgwsjcDv%2BD-EQ7M7vQmNMJMj78aYEA%40mail.gmail.com.

Brian Lee

Apr 17, 2018, 3:18:10 PM4/17/18
to Christopher Lee, aishwarya kulkarni, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Dear Aishwarya,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your request for liftOver files between susScr11 and hg19. These liftOver files have been generated and now you can use the convert and liftover tools on the UCSC Genome Browser for these assemblies and access the files on our download server:

susScr11ToHg19.over.chain.gz

hg19ToSusScr11.over.chain.gz

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further questions and reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu messages will be archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Brian Lee
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

Training videos & resources: http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html
Want to share the Browser with colleagues?