Prairie vole genome

Joshua Danoff

Apr 19, 2018, 3:58:14 PM4/19/18
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I'm interesting in working with the prairie vole (Microtus ochrogaster) genome.  I was wondering if you are working towards a fully annotated genome and if so, when it will be available.

Thanks,
Joshua Danoff
Connelly Lab, Department of Psychology, University of Virginia

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Apr 20, 2018, 2:58:48 PM4/20/18
to Joshua Danoff, UCSC Genome Browser Mailing List

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your inquiry.

While we have not yet released the prairie vole genome to our public site, but you can find the micOch1 assembly on our development server:

http://genome-test.soe.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgGateway?db=micOch1

Please note the message about how data and tools on our genome-test server are under development, have not been reviewed for quality, and are subject to change at any time. Unfortunately, it is not clear when we will do a quality check and release the micOch1 assembly to the public site. If you would like email updates about the UCSC Genome Browser, please subscribe to our Announcements List:

We also have a public hub with CESAR annotations, CESAR Gene Mappings, for the micOch1 assembly that you can find on our Public Hubs page.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---