bacterial applications

1 view

neuro...@aol.com

Jul 25, 2017, 12:14:57 PM7/25/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Is there a way to use your in silico program to examine bacterial genome and bacterial primers?

Sincerely,

Stephen Espitia

Christopher Lee

Jul 25, 2017, 12:37:31 PM7/25/17
to neuro...@aol.com, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your question about examining bacterial data. Unfortunately we do not host data for any bacterial genomes. You might try this other lab that runs a mirror of our browser for a number of different bacterial species:

http://archaea.ucsc.edu/

Note that if you have questions with their site you will need to contact them directly:

http://archaea.ucsc.edu/contacts.html

Another option is to download our Genome Browser in a Box (GBiB) from our genome-store:
https://genome-store.ucsc.edu/

and host your own assembly hub on your gbib, where you can set up a blat server to serve blat and isPCR requests. Please see the following pages for help setting up your GBiB and building an assembly and starting a blat server:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/gbib.html
http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Assembly_Hubs

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--

---

Christopher Lee

Jul 25, 2017, 1:08:00 PM7/25/17
to neuro...@aol.com, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Stephen,

You may also be interested in the standalone isPCR program:

You will need to contact Kent Informatics directly to obtain this program:

Thanks,

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute