Mirror Genome Browser / Track Hubs / My Hubs Problem

xiaodi deng

Apr 20, 2015, 12:13:09 PM4/20/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear UCSC,

I encounter some problems when using the "My Hubs" tab. It works very
well if we add trackhub.txt urls (all data can be shown in the browser
main page). However, when click the Home Page Icon at the top left
corner of the page or restart the firefox/chrome browser or even open
a new browser tab, all hub records will disappear (the My Hubs Tab
shows Empty List "No Unlisted Track Hubs").

What is the cause of this problem? How can we fix it?

Thank you very much for you time.

Best regards,

Dengxiaodi

Steve Heitner

Apr 21, 2015, 11:28:30 AM4/21/15
to xiaodi deng, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello, Dengxiaodi.

Just to be clear, you are running your own mirror and not using someone else's, correct?

Have you tried this from more than one computer? Have you tried clearing your cookies? If this is happening from more than one computer and clearing cookies does not solve the problem, would you mind providing the URL to your mirror? You can send it directly to me if you would prefer not sending it to the list.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions. Questions sent to that address will be archived in a publicly-accessible forum for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

xiaodi deng

Apr 22, 2015, 12:06:27 PM4/22/15
to st...@soe.ucsc.edu, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Steve:

Thank you very much for your reply.

1. We are running our own mirror, not using someone else's.
2. The problems are the same on different computers.
3. We tried both Firefox & Chrome browser, and clear the cookies did
not solve the problem.
4. We host the mirror on a local network, therefore, it can not be
accessed from the internet.

We compared the difference between "UCSC
Browser(http://genome.ucsc.edu)" and our own server. We get the
following REDIRECT PAGE on our own mirror which does not appear on
UCSC official mirror after click the "Add Hub" button:

Hub Connect Successful
You will be automatically redirected to the gateway page for this
hub's default database (hg19) in 3 seconds.

This hub is provided courtesy of x...@gmail.com.. Please contact them
with any questions.

Hub: Nature Communication Review Imprinting

Hub Genomes: mm9

There are also differences between UCSC Official mirror and our own
mirror for cartDump:
(after we added a My Hub record)
UCSC outputs:

clade mammal
db hg19
hgHubConnect.hub.51953 1
org Human
position chr21:33,031,597-33,041,570
trackHubs 51953

Cookies passed to genome.ucsc.edu:
hubTab_cookie=1; hguid=497029237_oGBZLqHxWwCBaLO9Fcz2BulZHX9X;
_ga=GA1.2.351394677.1428555640;
__utma=59797289.351394677.1428555640.1429087067.1429087067.1;
__utmz=59797289.1429087067.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none);
hguid.public=7448696_fZ3r21ARCRsa4LamJcIJ8fWrA076; has_js=1; _gat=1

Our mirror:
clade mammal
db hg19
org Human
trackHubs

Cookies passed to 210.47.248.182:
hubTab_cookie=1; has_js=1

It seems that a lot of cookie items have not been recorded on our
mirror. We checked our database, the added records can be found in the
hgcentral:hubStatus table.

Here, on our local network, there is another mirror. Only one record
can be added to the My Hub list, the old one will be overwritten by
the newly added one. It also displays the REDIRECT PAGE.

Thank you very much for you time!

Best regards,

Deng Xiaodi

Steve Heitner

Apr 22, 2015, 1:26:16 PM4/22/15
to xiaodi deng, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello, Deng.

Could you send us the contents of your hg.conf file?

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.