Default effect of pressing RETURN/ENTER in track settings

1 view

Ian Donaldson

Dec 6, 2016, 11:11:32 AM12/6/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

This is just to highlight a small but frustrating danger when changing track settings.  This happens when track settings are selected by right-click, or pressing the blue vertical bar to the left of the track.

When changes are made to the settings it is tempting to confirm the change by pressing RETURN/ENTER.  However, this has the effect of selecting the "Remove custom track" button.  Could it be possible to change the order of buttons, etc, to link RETURN/ENTER to "Update custom track".

Thanks,
Ian

Chris Villarreal

Dec 6, 2016, 3:46:46 PM12/6/16
to Ian Donaldson, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Ian,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are now aware of this problem and will have a solution. Unfortunately, I don't have a timetable for when the issue will be fixed. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Chris V
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

--

---