COSMIC track on Table Browser

Barbara Ottolini

Aug 23, 2017, 11:23:47 AM8/23/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to kindly ask for some help regarding the COSMIC track that
used to be located in the phenotype and literature drop-down menu in the
Table Browser.
Was it just temporarily removed or is it not accessible anymore?

I always found the Table Browser incredibly useful to intersect my
genomic coordinates of interest with all the information available in
the COSMIC.raw track. It would truly be a shame to lose such a
user-friendly tool!

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Best Wishes

Barbara Ottolini

--
Barbara Ottolini, PhD
CSO

+33 (0)6 11 21 34 04
http://diadx.com

Christopher Lee

Aug 23, 2017, 12:17:49 PM8/23/17
to Barbara Ottolini, UCSC Genome Browser Discussion List
Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your question about COSMIC data in the UCSC Genome Browser.

We recently released an updated version of the COSMIC track based on
the v82 release of the COSMIC database. We used COSMIC's detailed
annotation file to create this track, which means that we are not
allowed to redistribute their data. Previous versions of COSMIC did
not carry this restriction (for reference, the previous version of
this track was based on COSMIC v68).

However, you can create an account on the COSMIC website and download
the same data we used to generate our track:
http://cancer.sanger.ac.uk/cosmic.

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute