Getting very strange errors

Danika Bannasch

Jan 19, 2017, 12:57:38 PM1/19/17
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

I use your browser daily.  For some reason for the last two days when I enter a search string for a genome location or even a specific gene name in canfam3 on cfa20 I get this error:

hgTracks object is missing from the response

It is like the entire chromosome is not available.

HELP

Danika Bannasch DVM PhD

Maxine Adler Endowed Chair Genetics

Department of Population Health and Reproduction

School of Veterinary Medicine

University of California Davis

530 754-8728

Cath Tyner

Jan 19, 2017, 4:16:59 PM1/19/17
to Danika Bannasch, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good afternoon Danika,

Thanks for using the UCSC Genome Browser, and for inquiring about this issue. In order to best support you, could you do two things:

1. First, please send a URL (including your hgsid within the url, just copy the entire url for the page with the error) to us. You can send this url directly to me, instead of the forum, if you prefer.

2. Second, can you click "Genome Browser" > "Reset All User Settings" or navigate to http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/cartReset to clear your settings, to see if the error goes away?

Please note that you will return your browser to a default state after clearing settings (custom tracks will be removed, track settings will return to default, etc.). If needed, you may wish to save a session of your current configuration.

Our support team will look forward to helping you further once we have this information.

Thank you again for your inquiry and for using the UCSC Genome Browser.
​Please send new and follow-up questions to one of our UCSC Genome Browser mailing lists below:

  * Post to the Public Help Forum: E
mail
gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
​ or search the Public Archives
​  * Post to the Mirror Help Forum: Email

genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
or search the Mirror Archives​
​  * Confidential/private help: Email

genom...@soe.ucsc.edu

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-announce+subscribe@soe.ucsc.edu

Join us on Social Media! FacebookTwitter, Wordpress BlogYouTube

​Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

--

---

Cath Tyner

Jan 19, 2017, 6:28:14 PM1/19/17
to Danika Bannasch, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello again Danika,

I just wanted to let you know that our engineers tracked down the issue and repaired the problem, so we expect that you won't see this issue again. Thanks for sending us the url which helped to solve the problem!

Cath
. . .