Gbib no more working : Can't connect to MySQL server...

Jean-Philippe Villemin

Dec 9, 2016, 11:04:30 AM12/9/16
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi ,

In the browser I have the following error..
I tried in the console of the VM from work and home netwok the following command who raises also an erro.

mysql --user=genome --host=genome-mysql.soe.ucsc.edu -A

                "ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'genome-mysql.cse.ucsc.edu' (110)"
​Any idea ?

Thanks

--
Jean-Philippe Villemin   Bioinformatics, Software Engineer -

IGH (Institute of Human Genetics)
Team: Splicing and Epigenetics
141 rue de la Cardonille
Montpellier France 4094 cedex 5
jpvil...@gmail.com

Chris Villarreal

Dec 16, 2016, 6:39:18 PM12/16/16
to Jean-Philippe Villemin, UCSC

Dear Jean-Philippe,

Thank you for your question about the UCSC Genome Browser. Please try adding alias sqlUcsc='mysql --no-defaults -h genome-mysql.cse.ucsc.edu -u genome -A' to your .bashrc. If you cannot connect to our MySQL server then try another. Ensembl Genomes is available at mysql.ebi.ac.uk (port 4157 and user anonymous), mysql --host=ensembldb.ensembl.org --port=3306 --user=anonymous.

Failure to connect to another server indicates a systemic problem and not one unique to UCSC. I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

--

---

Brian Lee

Nov 12, 2019, 12:56:15 PM11/12/19
to Chris Villarreal, Jean-Philippe Villemin, UCSC
Please note that any reference to our resources under the .cse. domain should be updated to the .soe. domain.  For example, our public MySQL server genome-mysql.cse.ucsc.edu should now be accessed at the address of genome-mysql.soe.ucsc.edu instead.