hgLoadBigWig

jp d

Mar 20, 2015, 3:17:51 PM3/20/15
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
hi,
i have bigwig files and not the original wig.
is there a hgLoadBigWig function somewhere
or should i convert them back to wig and do hgLoadWig ?
thanks
jpd

Jonathan Casper

Mar 20, 2015, 8:07:54 PM3/20/15
to jp d, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello jpd,

Thank you for your question about loading bigWig files. If I am interpreting your question correctly, you are asking about how to load bigWig data files into the database for your local mirror of the UCSC Genome Browser. If so, you do not need to convert your bigWigs to another format. The tool you are looking for is called hgBbiDbLink. hgBbiDbLink creates a simple database table with your track name that points to the file location for your bigWig. Combined with a trackDb entry that identifies the track as a bigWig (see the type setting at https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/trackDb/trackDbDoc.html), this will allow your mirror to load and display the data.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group