GBIB command line install instructions?

Lachlan Musicman

Apr 4, 2017, 10:37:59 AM4/4/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hola,

Was just wondering if the GBIB page could be updated with install instructions for the command line?

https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenpath/help/gbib.html

I've got so far as registering the vm, but I can't get it to start headless yet.

cheers
L.
------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."

- Grace Hopper

Hiram Clawson

Apr 4, 2017, 11:15:13 AM4/4/17
to Lachlan Musicman, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
VBoxManage registervm `pwd`/"VirtualBox VMs/browserbox/browserbox.vbox"

VBoxManage list vms
"browserbox" {8e474be8-2808-466a-930d-5e6670ca1cb1}

nice -n +19 VBoxHeadless -s browserbox &

Lachlan Musicman

Apr 5, 2017, 9:29:25 AM4/5/17
to Hiram Clawson, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
A1 thanks

(stick it in the Docs!)

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this way."

- Grace Hopper

Chris Villarreal

Apr 5, 2017, 9:39:23 AM4/5/17
to Lachlan Musicman, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Lachlan,

Thank you for your question about GBiB. If you're using Virtual box to install GBiB you can use the command: VBoxManage startvm browserbox --type=headless. We have not updated our GBiB page with command line install instructions as of yet but perhaps in the future, we will add this.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

--

---