Error while compiling hgGateway

Claes Matthias

May 31, 2017, 11:01:08 AM5/31/17
to Genome Mirror, Audrey Michel

Dear,

I have a problem while I'm trying to compile the hgGateway page.

There is an error appearing (See attachment) that there are 2 files missing jkweb.a and libhts.a. I've downloaded again the latest kent version by using the command:

$ git clone git://genome-source.cse.ucsc.edu/kent.git

After the same error appeared again, So I checked on this site:
https://github.com/ucscGenomeBrowser/kent

And those files where missing as well (see attachment).

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Matthias Claes

kent_src_htslib.png
picture_kent_src_lib_x86_64.png
Screenshot from 2017-05-30 17:17:59.png

Christopher Lee

May 31, 2017, 12:49:36 PM5/31/17
to Claes Matthias, Genome Mirror, Audrey Michel
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your question about compiling hgGateway. Are you trying
to directly compile only hgGateway? If so you will need to first
compile the libs:

$ cd ~/kent/src
$ make libs
$ cd hg/hgGateway
$ make

You may also be interested in our setup script (Genome Browser in the
Cloud) that is free for academic use that can setup an entire mirror
for you, which you can download from here:
https://genome-store.ucsc.edu/

You may also find the following mirror installation manual helpful:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/mirrorManual.html

as well as the README's in the following directory (since you've
already downloaded the source):
kent/src/product/

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute