browserSetup.sh

Martin

Nov 30, 2017, 12:03:39 PM11/30/17
to genome-mirror
Hi,

I think I found a small-ish bug in the browserSetup.sh:
The above line refers to the old repo, and is being used in the line below:
Shouldn't that be part of the uscscGenomeBrowser/kent repo?

It seems the old repository has been deprecated in favor of the new one.

/Martin

--
Martin Marcher
Immersive Consultant

Christopher Lee

Dec 6, 2017, 11:46:44 AM12/6/17
to Martin Marcher, genome-mirror

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your question about the browserSetup.sh script. The lines you reference are specific to the OSX section of the install script. The link in question is actually correct, and points to another OSX specific script used to start up Apache and MySQL.

The OSX section of the browserSetup.sh script has not been tested as thoroughly as the CentOS and Ubuntu sections, and so you may run into problems installing on that operating system.

Please let us know if you any further questions!

Thanks,

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--