UDR server down?

Julien Lagarde

Nov 25, 2014, 12:13:52 PM11/25/14
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, Toni Hermoso Pulido
hello,
we're trying to mirror through UDR/rsync and it fails systematically:

udr rsync -avP hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu::mysql/hg19/ .
UDR ERROR: unexpected response from server, exiting.

Could you please confirm that the server is up?
thank you

--
Sent from some computer
Julien Lagarde

Erich Weiler

Nov 25, 2014, 1:29:50 PM11/25/14
to juli...@gmail.com, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, Toni Hermoso Pulido
Should be back up - all open UDR sockets were consumed. Someone was
trying to open dozens of connections at once, when really only one (or
maybe two) will do. I've changed the max connections parameter to help
prevent that in the future.

Thanks for the heads up!!

cheers,
erich
SCGI Systems Team

Julien Lagarde

Nov 25, 2014, 1:29:57 PM11/25/14
to Erich Weiler, genome-mirror, Toni Hermoso Pulido
thanks Erich!