Ask for mm9, my mirror site told me hg18 is not in the database

Jun Zhang

Jul 25, 2016, 10:44:25 AM7/25/16
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, jhz...@mdanderson.org
The mirror site under my company firewall seems finally setup, a user told me that he has successfully added custom tracks, using hg19.

In the mean time, I downloaded mm9 for both gbdb and mysql parts. On the page, I clicked Genome->Mouse NCBI37/mm9, and got the follwing error

Couldn't set connection database to hg18
mySQL error 1049: Unknown database 'hg18' (profile=, host=localhost, db=hg19)

What is the reason for this? I did download hg18 first, and then removed it (manually the two directories gbdb/mm9 and mysql/mm9).

Thank you.
Jun

Hiram Clawson

Jul 25, 2016, 11:22:29 AM7/25/16
to Jun Zhang, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, jhz...@mdanderson.org
This can be satisfied by simply creating an empty hg18 database:

hgsql -e 'create database hg18;' mm9

There are some tracks in mm9 that have relationships to hg18 data

--Hiram

On 7/25/16 7:28 AM, 'Jun Zhang' via UCSC Genome Browser mirror site discussion list wrote:
> The mirror site under my company firewall seems finally setup, a user told me that he has successfully added custom tracks, using hg19.
> In the mean time, I downloaded mm9 for both gbdb and mysql parts. On the page, I clicked Genome->Mouse NCBI37/mm9, and got the follwing error
> Couldn't set connection database to hg18mySQL error 1049: Unknown database 'hg18' (profile=, host=localhost, db=hg19)

Zhang,Jun

Jul 25, 2016, 1:14:48 PM7/25/16
to Hiram Clawson, Jun Zhang, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Thank you Hiram, problem solved.

Jun
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.